Blue Smoke "BBQ Food"

Blue Smoke
two locations who knows BBQ treats and thangs.
Flatiron and Battery Park
http://www.bluesmoke.com/
255 Vesey Street 212-889-2005 (the location I went too)

The atmosphere is live and exciting. I enjoy the open side entrance attached to the outdoor seating. Its been an eventful Friday with HUGE work parties, family's hanging out. I was going to just explore and unwind with some tasty food and drinks.

I spoke to the helpful bartender

Blood orange margarita to start the night off, then an appetizer; toasted raviolis. I just found out that  after 12+ years Executive Chef left and know it's John Paul ..... He is now 6 months in, getting his feet wet and brewing up the next menu into what we shall know as blue smoke's "last name". In fact I'm very curious to check the new menu out. Items currently on the menu; deviled eggs, fry  bread, and the famous warm BBQ chips.

Alright, I have came back for Restaurant Week. In the photo here I had the Brisket (half/half: lean and mixture of fatty) with beans. I was very impressed with the 16 hour braised meat and the flavor was really good. I enjoyed the simple presentation. The beans had a zang to them, which was complementary to the beef chunks in there. I think a cold beer would've been ideal. I ended up drinking water, because I really wanted to taste the flavors and not loose anything. I will defiantly come back. This is another great place for families, first date, friends gathering to catch up, and just a good old time.

KEY LIME PIE.....
This was my first time actually having KEY LIME PIE.
Sooo tasty, tangy limes, with a great custard like lime taste. Great....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

Planning a Birthday Party

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS