Jacob's Pickles

Jacob's Pickles Upper West Side- Amsterdam/85th

I really enjoy this place. I can't believe I haven't written about this spot sooner. I wanted to wait 6 times before actually writing about it.

Anyways, this restaurant just makes great food great. A warm tummy, tasty treats, and why not with a crowd or even a first date.

I'm officially addicted to the chicken on anything, with honey, and/or the gravy. I had the "ham hock" collard greens which was cooked to perfection (not to salty). Great flavor with the flavors that sooths the sole. Baked Mac & Cheese is to die for. The creamiest yet perfectly cooked , and not to gooey.

I wasn't into the deep fried pickles this time, but I've had them in the past and its ultimately amazing and the "Jacobs sauce" is grand. They have some amazing selections to drink that really quench your thirst which are unique in varieties; stout beer" float with ice cream (YUMMY ($12.00). Rosemary is used in another tasty drink and the lemonade one served in the mason jar is pretty good. I honestly (as if they didn't like it) come to this spot whenever I have a guest in town and they love it. I really enjoy each time, lines can be a little long (1 to 2 hour waits), but its well worth it. If you want to walk around in the neighborhood they have cute shops to kill some time.

Good to knows: outdoor seating, great drinks, no line at the bar, children friendly, open from breakfast, brunch or dinner, desserts (absolutely), southern cooking in the finest way prepared.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

Planning a Birthday Party

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS