Where have I been....Making Tacos

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay in writing to my readers.

I have been working on getting my life together and figuring out my next chapter in life.

I also stopped by saying my computer was down and this was the reasons I was not able to blog daily, weekly, or even monthly. I'm looking to get a few things on this blog.

I have been exploring Seattle city. I lived here for over 11 years of my life, however I lived a completely different life. I was doing and making moves differently and have to say 2017 was amazing, but proud to say looking forward to 2018.

I have been all around the Seattle Metropolitan area trying delicious dishes, but please believe I haven't stopped cooking. I wanted to share a few dishes that I believe are oh so important and have made weekly staples.

Mexican Night is pretty much weekly. Its easy. Its a crowd pleasure, easy to carry to and from work. I pinned these little treats many years ago on Pinterest and have remade them the way I like them.

Simple Baked Tacos

I get the Ortega hard taco shells, tasty ingredients with cheese and they are to die for. I pop them back in the oven and we are good to go. Sometimes I add white rice, Mexican rice, or the trader joe blended rice with roasted corn and brown rice in it. I like to take whatever I have in the fridge and mix it up. I recently tried this meal with black beans, ground turkey meat, onion and zucchini sautéed with some cheese to top it off. I also ensure I have hot sauce, salsa, or sour cream to make this dish oh so perfect. The blends of everything together are unlink anything I've made. Tacos a week are a thing... You should look into adding it to your busy schedule. If you like it try ground chicken its my new jam.

Pick your meat: 1lbs ground beef, chicken, or shredded chicken
Diced onions, zucchini, red and/or green peppers
1 to 2 swirls of olive oil (in the pan)
1 package of hard shell (any brand but I use Ortega/Organic Blue) - 12 serving
1/2 package of taco seasoning
1 tablespoon of room temp water (cooking with)
1/2 can of black beans (optional)
2 cups of shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 cup of trader joes corn (frozen)

Serving needs;
diced onion
diced tomatoes
sliced olives
shredded lettuce

Sauces;
sour cream
verde or rojo salsa
hot sauce (red rooster is my fav.)

Sides:
Corn
Rice

I recently got this trader joes corn, its SUPER tasty, kind of spicy for those ones who do not like spice. I'm a fan and will get this many many many more times.

Trader Joes Mexican Corn

Add the olive oil to the pan and I cook the diced onions, zucchini, and green or red peppers (set aside). I cook the meat until it is no longer pink, then add the veggies, cook until they are slightly cooked, then add a splash of water (add more if you want) and then taco seasoning.

Bake the tacos at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted and the shells are a little toasted brown on the edges.

Sometimes I used thin yellow taco shells;
grab two at a time, add vegetable omega 3 oil ( or any vege oil ) and heat until the taco shell can turn a littlke crips. You want a taco that you can grab and eat and to crisp. Made to perfection in the photo below. This takes a little time, but when its just you and you dont want lunch the next day its perfect to heat them up and have dinner. It was sooo good.



Enjoy



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS

Planning a Birthday Party