Eating healthy?




Ever since my issue of June\July Rachel Ray magazine I have wanted these delicious looking sandwich thins. When I showed them to my friend he stared at me with "What the hell are those". I understand they might not look all that tasty on my counter, but OMG the burger I made yesterday was so flavorful and all the right ingredients. This will be my first recipe to launch.


Today I share with you;
Southwest Burger

1 Oroweat 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins roll
1\4 lb. 96% lean ground sirloin
1 tsp grill seasonings ( I used zesty blend by Kroger)
1 tsp chopped, fresh cilantro (fresh from the market means MORE flavor)
1 tsp scallions (I used a sweet walla walla onion)
1\2 slice reduced-fat pepper jack cheese (I mixes Monterrey and cheddar)
2 tsp ketchup
Hot Sauce
Sliced tomato, red onion wht onion is fine, avocado, and leaf green veggies (folate- Women we need this green leaf veggies)

Preheat grill or non stick skillet to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine ground sirloin, seasonings, cilantro, and scallions and form in a patty (patties shrink, so at least 4 inches long and 1\2 thick. Grill patty for 3-4 mins on each side. At the last min of cooking top with cheese, I LOVE to toast my bread, but its your choice. Spread one side of the sandwich thin roll with ketchup\mayo combo and sprinkle hot sauce to taste. Top patty with sliced tomato, onion, avocado and lettuce.
This great for family gathering or a quick meal because you have been craving a burger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS

Planning a Birthday Party