Trips to the Store can be fun

My friend and I decided to go shopping for thanksgiving on Sunday. We began our journey into the store where we reached the produce section. I will not mention where we were. As most of you know I LOVE to shop at Mcphearson produce stand on beacon hill and at this point I'm sure they know me as the girl who wants every single fruit and vegetable, who loves to cook with lots of fruits and veggies. I enjoy the workers there and getting creative. What top favorite part about being there is how much I can fill up each bag and well spend UNDER $20 bucks. Last week I got over three bags and shopped for my Ladylicious Party and Thanksgiving all in ONE trip getting great treats such as Papaya, Pomegranate, Asian Pears, Blood Oranges and much more.

Back to the story of being in the produce section of this store. I love to talk to staff, quiz them, and ask them questions. i love to do price comparison with them, in fact I should be on Prices Right. I'm the INFORMATIONAL GAL. If you ever need, have a question, or want to know anything about how much something is call me. This gentlemen (his name is made up) was very engaging and pretty helpful. As I expressed my interests in a few recipes we made for the ladylicious party or others I've featured on my blog, he started to notice my interest in food. My friend gathered as he expressing his interest in a little enjoyment and pleasng the costumers (well maybe just us at the time)what his favorite thing to do at the store. Reason we will keep this store nameless is because I know of a situation that happen very similar to this, but at another store. He grabbed a large $2.50 EACH Pomegranate (Mcphearson's were .69 cents EACH for a large ready to eat Pomegranate), he started to press on the fruit and break up all the little seeds making the juice gush around. I could hear the vessels popped as he turned the fruit around and around, without busting it open. He then took a large pairing knife and stabbed the fruit once where then he took a medium size cup and stared to squeeze out ALL the juice. You should have seen the look on our faces. It was like we watch Avatar for the first time and was amazing at the special features that this movie had. It was very impressive. I told my "roomie taylor" about this gentlemen so them we went out and bought a few. We tried exactly as the man did and it was superb. The juice is powerful and you feel as if this is how all juice in the bottle should taste. It was sweet, but it wasn't sour it was just perfect and how he make it happen was amazing. I would like you to try this at home and see what thoughts run through your mind when you drink this juice. Its honestly a powerful juice, yet the way it comes out from this fruit is powerful. I hope you enjoy this story. Its my first STORY\GROCERY experience. I plan to bring more and more stories like this, but not so lengthy. The idea of this portion of the blog is to let people know about a fact (the produce stand near you), how you need to be proactive (find one near you if this one isn't convent) and try something new.

My FYI: I enjoy to see how much people really buy at the grocery store, and by the time they buy all their NEEDS (sugar, milk, eggs, chips and NEEDS for kids lunches, its can be well over $150.00+. What a lot of people don't know is you don't have to buy at a grocery store, you can find a produce stand near you. Its fresh, organic, and the variety is overwhelming, it also allows you to know what is in season.

As most of you DON'T know I have entered in a Blog contest. I'm really excited to share the information I have been working of over the past year. The whole idea of my blog like I mentioned is to share with everyone on facebook, cooking school friends, and people at work to share and explain each dish. There are recipes on my blog I thought I would never be able to attempt. I want others to know how easy and simple it is to cook. I have four jobs and many events I hold/attend each weekend, and I find the time to cook. I have many friends who have learned a lot from my blog, but wish for more to utilize it. I also want to reach as many readers as The Pioneer Women- Ree Drummond http://thepioneerwoman.com/. I'm excited for my blog and each day I learn more and more. BY NYE my goal is to be at 200 posts. I have two more events this year, 2 more holiday events and, one work holiday event. I hope each and every one of you can follow my blog and continue to be involved with the growth. Thanks to everyone who has been following and keeping an eye on my new recipes. Thanks to everyone who has attended my shine diges and continue to celebrate. Enjoy and Happy Holidays.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

Planning a Birthday Party

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS