Los Angeles Trip

I had a great week with friends in LA. I managed to not gain to much weight with all the tasty food. I ended up working out everyday and still come back with a food craving. I hope you enjoy these places.

Los Angeles Trip Feb 4th – 7th


Rutt's Hawaiian Cafe & Catering
(no website), located on 12114 Washington Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90066

Started off my vacation with a little breakfast food, and anyone who knows me I have to have my breakfast in the morning or the day just doesn't seem the same. We decided lets go to a Hawaiian restraint where they have the best french toast (of coarse it is Hawaiian bread which is oh sooo sweet and good). We got an order or that and the tradition eggs, sprouts, Portuguese ham, ham, bacon (Hawaiian Royale)and sooo much more. This dish was flavorful, fulling, and would like to have this on an regular basis. Make sure you try it when your there. You want regret it.


Culver City is where I spent most of my time, because this is where I stayed. It was nice to see what other cities have to offer. I really enjoyed it.
http://www.versaillescuban.com/ located at located on 10319 Venice Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90034. This was a busy restaurant on a Friday night. Although they had a house full we were able to almost shut the place down. As I wondered with my eyes everyone was there for the experience (casual but clean restaurant) and of coarse great food. Everyone who was anyone knew or wanted to know about this restaurant. You were served with fresh buttery french bread and they had several sangria, wines, and beer selections of beverages. I was ready for the thing we all were waiting for. My friend told me it was a traditional meal. It was chicken steak with veggies (sauteed onions and garlic) with black beans and plantains. This was more than enough food, it was clearly a great place to enjoy your friday night in the city. Please visit the website for changes.


http://www.derricksjamaican.com/
located on Locations
Ladera Hights Location at 6806 La Tijera Blvd. Los Angeles, CA, 90045
AND
USC Location at 3027 S. Hoover St, Los Angeles, CA 90007

Derrick's Jamaican restaurant was live when we came in for out night out. They had booked a birthday party. To my knowledge this restaurant had been up and running for quite some time. Everyone was polite and very well spoken and knew their stuff (in terms of my 50 questions I ask before eating). I enjoyed their hospitality in the beginning of the night and that is when things got out of hand. We started to eat and realized we need some condiments and more water etc. The waitress literally was gone for over 30 mins never once to check up on us. I ended up ordering a traditional veggie and chicken dish. So amazing in fact the cola drink was a great compliment (it was just soda with a lot of sugar content). I enjoyed my meal, and would order it again, but why when I could try something else. I would go back because it is in the heart of the Magic Johnson Starbucks and TGIF's and is a really live spot in the evenings. My friends grew up there and was telling me it has been up and coming since they left.


http://www.fatburger.com/home/
located throughout California and many other states.

I had never been to Fat Burger so why not try it on the last night when I already knew I had gained so much from the food already. It was a little popular on Sunday where people were able to get fries, burgers, and shakes. Although, the burgers were a little more gourmet style than any other fast food restaurant, meaning they didn't taste as if they heated it in the microwave and the meat was a little inconsistent in size (this is a great thing). The meat is differently leaner in this case too. I decided I wanted a 1/4 burger which is a little larger than I would get again. They even have a XXXL which is insane. A wall of shame has to be on this board for the person who eats the most. This place had someone complete 4 XXXL burgers. Are you serious? Unfortunately we were done with the night. A little wine and movie and that is how I ended it in LA.


S&W Country Diner located at 9748 Washington Blvd Culver City, CA 90232 (no website)
Early this day we had decided we needed a traditional American breakfast. We had waffles, wet burrito's, omelette, and coffee. This restaurant is located in downtown by the Warner Brothers filming location. Its has indoor and outdoor seating and is more so a diner for that matter. The trinkets and staff make it a charming shin dig to eat breakfast and always jumping. The food was grand and the service was on point. Coffee was delicious too. I needed this hadn't been to a diner for a while. We could hardly eat al the food we got, but it was well worth it. Also if you do eat here remind yourself they only take cash. Although Chase, BOA, and other bank are right across the street, so not a worry in the world :).


Shopping

http://westfield.com/culvercity/


On Saturday night after dinner I need to look for something. I wanted to hit the stores and go shopping. We walked in Best Buy where I thought I would learn to play the guitar and realized I failed. We then were on a mission to find ice cream and chocolate pie. Although that didn't work out we stopped at a place called Juilbee (which we have in South Center (Tukwila, wa) mall. We diced to have a strawberry cake (didn't like it at all). Won't be going back there. As for the shopping experience it was set up like the mall in Tukwila and was really easy to find stores because we had the similar ones. This mall was pretty large considering the Culver city area. Its pretty big, but I wouldn't think the mall would be soooo extravagant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS

Planning a Birthday Party