Summers at Long Beach, NYC

 I enjoy everything about our sun/bbq/drink times in Long Beach with our friend Lori. She has a house right next to the beach. (7min walking distance). We arrive at the beach and its full of warm vitamin D, it smells great, and feels slow pace but we all need this.

My first time coming to LONG BEACH was Fourth of July weekend of 2015. My arrival started on Saturday morning early (no traffic). Although this weekend was a little different, we hit a lot of traffic, saw many rubber necks, several accidents, and hit a bunch of stop and go spots on the way home. It didn't matter, we started around 630pm and knew we were in for it. We just had our treats and coffee and just relaxed. I had Katie's cake so I was fine!

Our Beach time was great. We had drinks on the beach, music, food, sun, and water time. That's all a person really needs. I enjoy my time shutting my eyes and falling asleep and catching up on my cooking and gossip magazines.

Katie and I sat out on the beach near the water as the waves brushed up from under us, it was extremely relaxing. My other friend, Lori mentioned there is something about the waves clashing, roaring in,  the sound,  the feeling all together makes your whole body calm. I have to saw laying by the beach every single night is the life to live. I enjoy coming here just for that very thing. I lay on the beach for hours and don't have one care in the world. All my worries are, POOF gone.

After a few hours the waves were a little aggressive and took me under a few times. I started to fight back and just learn to be one with the waves and keep my eyes facing them. I was very hot and the water was the only thing keeping me cool. My bottle water was steaming hot and the ice we brought had already melted to nothing. It was best to just be happy in the water.

The food in Long Beach. I love ma and pa spots from here. The service is great, the food is always cooked to perfection and fresh. The bagel shop on beech street is amazing. Every single time we come in this is the FIRST stop. Everything; bagels, chips, cookies, everyday needs, sandwich's, snacks, anything YOU have a craving for is OH delicious. Got to love it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

Planning a Birthday Party

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS