Sugarcane, Caribbean Food

Sugarcane, Caribbean Food  
238 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217

We went here for a birthday dinner with a friend last night. This place is very live. It has a modern feel with a zap of comfort love. We got to the venue and the place was already packed. I asked the host to give us a good seat because it was my friends birthday, which he didn't.

We didn't even get served until I started asking to move which was quite some time before we sat down.

I knew this would be a place that we should've waited to just sit at the bar. We started off by getting a "Sorrel" drink. Drinks were 5.00 for the whole night at the bar only. All of them were tasty. It was a great deal and a GOOD amount of alcohol. I defiantly will be coming back. We then to began to start the "drinking hunger". We didn't know ANYTHING on the menu except chicken wings. A local from the area gave us the suggestion to order the sampler.

This was the best idea. I realized what I loved and what I didn't care to much about. We then had one more drink. We were kind of talking about leaving to realize we have some bread pudding. I had never had bread pudding before and this was the cream of the cream. The moisture was perfect the flavor was astonishing and this is something I will make sure I order next time.

 The bartender at the bar was enjoying our company and made lots of tasty drinks for us.

I know I complain about this all the time, but after working for Macy's and living in Seattle, unless I go to a five star restaurant, I will NOT get service that I want. If you want great food, enjoy a great price for your money on drinks, and want to try something new, please check this place out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

Planning a Birthday Party

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS