The "New" Jersey Life

Turkish Food
I've officially signed papers to temporarily moved to NJ. I'm taking a few months to figure out the next chapter in my life. I have a beautiful apartment with adorable roomies. In fact I think this is going to be a happy spot since I've lived in NYC. The toughest thing living here has been my roomie situation.

I meet my "new" roomies last night to finalize the paperwork and do what Daisha does best...EAT and TRY something NEW.... :)

We went to this new restaurant in North Bergan, NJ which is a few minutes from the new apartment. One of my roommate is Turkish. I was really nervous about eating there, but he said it was a lot of vegetarian dishes and some what like Mediterranean food. I started off by having him take the reins in ordering two appetizers and then my main dish was pretty much kabobs and veggies with flavorful chicken.

We started with puff pastry which was ricotta cheese and then deep fried.
It was a pretty delicious dish. We then started with a variety of sauces with the bread that is given when you sit down. The platter was a delicious blend of eggplant, hummus, white with dill and a great balance is flavors to really build my appetite up for dinner.


I received my dish but there wasn't any chicken. We had to wait a little longer for some chicken to arrive which was a really great meat quality and flavors it made the chicken really powerful and moist. I enjoy the dish very much (I'm a veggie head indeed). I was pleased with my order. I'm able to add another culture of food to my palette, but check off "Turkish food" on my list....I will be back.


I wasn't even going to eat dessert, but honestly I hadn't had a tasty dessert like this is a while. I LOVE pistachios and honey, but this was an out of this world pastry. I am glad I tried it. PERFECT to complete the evening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

Planning a Birthday Party

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS