West Hartford, CT

Well this weekend was a treat. We celebrated Katie's Birthday and many more things we don't need to talk about. I want to say thank you to everyone who is a part of my blog, who views my blog, and reads my blog. Especially the emails I receive about questions, comments, and I know you know Daisha.... It keeps me on my toes. I learn a lot having this blog. This is also about the time my Papa passed away and I started this blog the same year. I know writing a blog is really hard sometimes and you don't know what your audience wants to hear or see. I also do it for me. Many people want to know what I think. Shooting someone an email of the link is easier then re-writing a whole paragraph again with details, links, notes blah blah.













This weekend was about "SELF". About being us and having fun without drama. I love my friend Katie. She has a big heart and soul. She is really truly someone I needed in my life, when moving here. This move has been a good one, but at times I just want a huge (LIFE X WORK X PEOPLE= STRUGGLE). She is like a sister, bestie, close buddy, long lost friend, and has my back. She listens to me when I'm going through tough times. It's hard being a women, but better to have friends who helps you work through it.

The drive up to Connecticut was suppose to be me SLEEPING. That didn't happen we laugh, giggled, snacked, talked, sang. It was great. We then arrived around 800pm (due to traffic). When we got there it was very empty, dead, and the roads were free. It's crazy that I would be ok with that for a weekend, but after that I need crazy nonsense happening all day long. It was nice to be away. I love the suburbs.

In the morning we drove to Boot Camp and I was a little nervous, but honestly it wasn't that bad. I didn't eat much. A little cup of fruit. I drank a lot of water the night before and during. This really helped me breath and to be mentally prepared. Afterwards we were hungry. We stopped at this spot about 30 mins from the gym called "The Sloppy Waffle". I called and let us know a big group might be coming and to make sure they knew it was Katie's birthday. We arrived at that venue which wasn't crowded but you knew it was delicious, the hole in the wall, and was normally always busy in the AM. The staff was helpful, sweet, friendly, and overall great customer service. They are a CASH ONLY establishment, but had at ATM that was only 1.67 to take out cash, which is really ideal!

The Sloppy Waffle
http://thesloppywaffle.com/

I really liked my chicken and waffles. The flavors were juicy, great flavor, and you could tell the chicken was organic. I got an order of eggs because they were cage free and organic too. Two other people at our table got the chicken and waffles and I didn't hear any complaints. They also do something cute for your birthday. they give you a waffle with strawberries and whip cream which is really tasty to eat too. I finished it, because she doesn't like waffles. The batter was a different batter used than my waffles. I'm simple butter and a little drizzle of syrup. Oh yeah and the toast was delicious wow. The order of eggs on the side comes with toast (great idea). YUM!

Side note: The pancakes weren't the best, but I will say they looked tasty and big....

Beautiful weekend in CT, Hartford
After that evening we went back to the hotel and I went exploring. They had a festival in the city center area with food, kids activities/crafts, and some dancing. It was a great way to unwind and walk off the waffle, because dinner we had plans to hang out and enjoy ourselves.

We were told the address BUT no name, but of coarse I looked up everything and come to find out it was a Spanish spot.

We arrived to our destination BARCELONA RESTURANT; WINE BAR, (my favorite song was on: Classic Man--that doesn't have anything to do with this story). and it was cute. Then we arrived inside and it was adorbs. We had a seat outside and our two friends greeted us. I finally wore heels with a white and black theme going on. It was outside with a little breeze and the tiki torch like heat warmers. We sat down and was told we will have a few entrees/desserts/appetizers brought out to the table. We had shots too.


I ended up trying the kebobs which were artichoke, steak, and a truffle sauce which was delicious. We also had a huge dish of shrimp, mussels, veggies, and a delicious dipping sauce for the bread (they gave us endless bread). This restaurant was ideal, because normally I would go to Seattle/Zillah (back home) and have a day to remember my papa. I was in CT having a day to remember my papa with HIS food. I was eating stuff I wouldn't normally eat. I had lamp, mussels, and all sort of things. I really had a great time. I had a glass of wine, which was perfect a Spanish perfect mixto blend of several grapes. A very common Spanish wine: Tempranillo Wine, it was ideal with our dishes. This place really had customer service down. They weren't told more than once to get something, to bring someone, and was always following up once something came out. I'm HUGE on service, so that was ideal.


I really enjoyed my weekend here in Hartford Connecticut. It was my first time coming and we drove from New York and it only took about 3 hours and some change. I love road trips. In fact on the way up I decided to head to Rhode Island. I was going to head up for a fun drive and enjoy myself and maybe stay at whatever hotel I saw on the way. I'm not sure, but stay tuned for the next: adventureswithdaishaandkatie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

Planning a Birthday Party

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS