Seattle, WA / Zillah, WA

At the end of August I went home after living in NYC for 2.5 years (time flies) I felt like I needed to go home an do the things that I miss most.

Eat Teriyaki Teriyaki and Wok
Have a maple bar donut at Top Pot Donuts
Go to Pikes Place Market and view all the tasty fruits and veggies
Hang out at Kerry Park and take a photo
Take a road trip to Portland (I miss driving a lot).
Enjoy an evening at Joeys South Center with my dearest friends Joeys Southcenter
Go to my old house in Interlake and see my favorite cat Snug (he missed me a lot)
Check out the city and breath in the fresh air, yet travel with NO one else on the road but me

It was an eventful trip. I was gone for five days and it was the best trip I had in a while, besides D.C. wait Philly was fun too, oh but I did enjoy my road trip to Cincinnati, Ohio. Then again I really need to think about the few road trips to CT. I really love and enjoy traveling and it allows me to really focus on what others are doing in their lives, eat tasty food, and I really just want to be able to get in a car and drive, to hop on a bus after a long week and sleep and listen to music and arrive in a new city and have fun. I enjoy what I feel like after I do something.

Living in NYC has made me learn so much about myself. I've learned that I can love someone someday. I have also come to the understand that having a car, house, and animal isn't the best thing for me right now. I know there are THINGS I want, but I have a journey and trip that is sooo much more to me than settling down right now. I may have came to NYC for love, but I have to remember why i am in NYC. I only want to stay for a little bit, and i don't want to struggle or allow myself to ONLY be able to do a few things. I like being able to do anything and get out and do anything. I don't want the weather, my friends, or my lover be the one to keep me refined from that.

I've also learned what a "loyal" friend is and how much my friends back home mean to me. I love each and everyone of them in a different way and I will always be able to reach out to them with whatever I have going on and they will be there. They aren't going anywhere, they are going to be a part of my life always. At this point in my life I need to look out for me, and what my best interests are.

I have also learned that I do know how to be a minimalist. I don't like the idea of having too many things and I like the idea of just leaving tomorrow and not looking back. I want to continue having fun and shine lite into others life and really make others enjoy life weather its trying a new restaurant, going to HH because you are having a shitty day, hang out on the beach because that is what we need to do on a Saturday, have a birthday party to celebrate you being on this earth. All these things make a huge difference in each of our lives, but we also need to be open to embrace it. There is sooo much going on around us that we really can't even believe to see because we are sooo caught up on what we got going on. Therefore I advise once a week take a min to people watch, take a min to look in another lens, take a look at what can be yours if you really want it.

Stop telling yourself that you "want", you "need", you "try", and ask your self are you really telling yourself the truth?

At the end of the 2 years living here I really have to say its been great, its been sweet, but it is time for me to find a new journey and new chapter in my life. I'm not looking to run, I'm not looking for something. I just want to live, be me, share stories, enjoy life, and eat great food, because we ONLY live once and that is the only thing I can tell myself without lying.
My Momma's Monkey Bread- Delicious
Pull Pork Sandwich W/ Dip
My Family in Zillah
My Papa's Grapes
My Papa's Company

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

Planning a Birthday Party

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS