Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese

For those of you who know me I love remaking recipes and this one I had to share and also post my first recipe in over a year.

As you may know this week marks one year living back in Seattle, WA.

I would love to share with you what I found online and then saw Ree Drummond making on Saturday at her home.

This is mighty delicious and I'm eating it right now with homemade BBQ meatloaf.

Ingredients:

1/2 Butternut Squash, baked @ 350 for 30-40 mintues (salt and pepper and olive oil drizzled)
thinly sliced yellow onions (2 slices), then half chopped
1 - 2 teaspoons of butter
dash of raw sugar (optional)
3/4 cup 2% milk
1 cup cheese (cheddar, white cheddar, or a delicious creamy cheese)
1/2 box of medium shell pasta, cook al la dente and drain.

Directions:
Halved the butternut squash at 350 degrees,  cook until the fork can scoop it out, then add the scooped pieces to the same pan and bake for 10 more minutes, some recipes called for the butternut squash to be blended up, smooth and creamy. Set aside when were ready to use it.

Caramelized Onions: Add butter thinly slicked in a pan on medium heat. The onions will start to wilt and brown up, I add a dash of raw sugar to the pan and cook for 1-2 more minutes, then remove from a pan to a plate, let cool.

In the same pan with all the juices add the butter, then cheese and milk, and mix well. Add the onions in the mixture and let it combine until smooth. Add the butternut squash to the pan and mix well. I let it almost boil up and then turn down , but stir occasionally.

Add the Al la dente pasta and mix together well.

Serve right away while its hot, its GREAT the next day reheated in the microwave. This dish goes great with meat and fish. I had it with my homemade meatloaf OH My.

This dish is a little savory with a kick od sweetness from the onions and the butternut squash.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS

Planning a Birthday Party