Zucchini, it's as if people don’t even know a good ingredient until they start tasting my food. There are, wait I have a lot of picky friends, and it ends up being the person who says they don’t like something, until they taste my dishes. I'm honestly a trickster and they know it, but seem to always get stuck in the trap.
Yep, Ex boyfriend time; I was cooking him some food, and he began to try to look over my shoulder, when I started to ask him what are you going to find out what’s in it, and then stop eating my cooking? He then sat down, and until then never asked me, those were the days I was just putting things together. Actually, I still am. I never keep to the same recipe when it comes to spaghetti, because its a staple, but can be made in so many different ways. I never take out Zucchini thought. It’s probably my favorite ingredient next to olives in it. Today I share one of the staples and home made sauce you’ll ever eat. I don’t measure anything, but I had to for this recipe.

Spaghetti for two

1\2 package of long thin spaghetti noodles
1\2 pound of lean ground sirloin
1\2 tsp of basil, parsley, oregano
1 tsp of oil (In the boiling water, prevent noodles for sticking)
1\4 cup of onion, grn peppers, red peppers, and Zucchini
8 oz can of olives
A dash of grated parmesan cheese

Cook noodle in a med 1\2 filled pot with olive oil .
Add meat to a med pan and brown. In another pan add grn\red peppers, zucchinis, and onions; set aside. Add sauce and paste to the pan with the basil, parsley, and oregano and mix well until boils on med-high heat, bring down to med and add veggies and meat. Cook for about 5 more mins. Drain noodles and add noodles to a serving dish, topped with the sauce, and add fresh grated parmesan cheese.

Additional Idea's

Great with homemade garlic bread-
Grab a small loaf and cut down the middle, add butter just a spread for each piece of bread and garlic salt (pinch) in a little bowl optional add a pinch of chopped parsley (dried is fine too). Mix well and spread. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Once it looks golden brown, remove from the over and serve.

When in season during the summer add some sweet corn from Zillah Jones Farms.

Comments

  1. This is a great sunday night meal, with some left overs for lunch. Your co workers will be jealous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS

Planning a Birthday Party