Traditional Baby Shower?

Today I went to a baby shower that was such a GREAT idea !!!

LOW KEY. GREAT TIMES. LAUGH. LOVE.

My friend is having a little girl. She told me "DONT GET A GIFT, JUST A CARD.....Ummmm. Ok I followed directions for the first time in life, but inside was a little present :) he he. Anyways I was starving, the food and snacks were delicious. Let me share.

I walked in and there was a BUNCH of food. The momma to be is a vegetarian. 

Fruit Platter: blackberries, cantaloupe, and strawberries

Veggie Platter: pea pods, pickled asparagus,  and tomatoes

Cheese Platter: hard, creamy, semi hard, and another hard: ALL white cheeses served on a cheese platter

Crackers: Gluten Free, multi-grain, rice crackers, and many more

Baked Mac and Cheese with bread crust topping: this was delicious

Four dips: spicy black bean, red roasted pepper dip, creamy white; boy were these tasty with all the crackers

I was given a tasty ALCOHOL beverage...WAIT. USUALLY we don't serve it because we don't want the mommy to be jelly. This is when I realize this WASN'T your normal baby shower. My friends were just talking and about an hour flew by. NO games, NO present opening and then a toast..

This was great. My friend spoke and a few friends, we cheers and then we MADE her open presents. She wasnt into it, but she got into it. It was a great ending....UNTIL....

CAKE.
This was delicious check this out, her friend made it;


Cute pink colors for the momma to be and baby Chloe...

Overall, low maintenance, very chill, minimal host much, very inexpensive, and clean up is a breeze, especially if you invite me. I have OCD so I clean up whatever needs to be cleaned.

After cake and food, we all got a hard work in, so we decided (we'll they did) to do a few pushups...


 ... LOVE YAH MOMMA JEN & CHLOE...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

Planning a Birthday Party

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS