SAVE MONEY THROUGH OUT THE WEEK...



A lot of people ask me how do you save money throughout the week? Daisha, you always have food or cook throughout the week. How do you have time. Don't you work out, have a social life, and still able to spend time on yourself. I simple say STOP the excuses NOW!!! Everyone has time they just don't make the time. Any WHOOOOOO......Let me give you a few tips and I hope this MIGHT be some help.

1. It's a continuous battle walking to work, because I always want to stop, look, and buy. I have learned to balance when making decisions. I add $25 to my Starbucks card and usually DON'T carry my debit card and have $20 bucks throughout the week.

Reason: Most of the time its on impulse or "why not get it".I started doing this about three years ago when I lived in Seattle and worked three jobs. I was able to save money that I never was able to save.

Not over spending
2. I go grocery shopping weekly VS. monthly.

Reason: I don't over buy, groceries don't go to waste, and I have a better idea what I should cook.

Not over buying

3. Invested in yearly subscriptions to your favorite magazines for recipes and fun new ingredients to be introduced too. I learned how to cook from a school in Seattle and by looking over recipes daily. I love to cook, but sometimes the same things gets boring. I wanted to keep ideas fresh and use different texture and flavor.

Reason: I started getting Rachael Ray and Martha Stewart because their recipes are easy to read and tasty. I love Rachael Ray and will continue to get her magazine for many more years. Martha Stewart had home ideas and crafting which is really down my alley. I have years of these magazine and go back to them many time and share my favorites too. I also went to a thrift shop for books and get two of Rachael's cookbooks.

Keeping food choices fun and exciting

4.  Once you have looked through your magazine let the fun begin. Choose 1-3 exciting new recipes. Flag them and make a list of all items in these recipes that you have at home. Take the book with you to the store and start shopping. Its fun, exciting, and loads of fun for the kids to cross them out. I learned how to make some amazing dishes.


Using the tools we have

5. Double check what you have before you go buy anything. When I have a party or event I also look the day before. This allows my brain to know what I own so I don't over buy. Even your tools and decorations. I love living in NYC. There is NEVER a store that doesn't have amazing adorable flowers. Sunflowers can be used for any occasion.

With all these helpful tools and tips. I hope you have a successful day, week, month, and event. Remember DON'T over think. Simple is great....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

Planning a Birthday Party

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS