Chunky Apple Cake with Browned Butter Frosting (Betty Crocker)

I just wanted to ensure you were in the know that I don't bake, therefore I always have to find recipes. I think it's about the mixing and how much to add (when cooking you don't have to be precise and you can taste as you go). I decided to attempt this cake with the new bundt cake pan I got.
    
                                                                                                                                       
Cake
1 cup butter or margarine, softened                        
2  cups granulated sugar                                                                                                                      
3 eggs                                            
1/2 teaspoon vanilla                                                                     
2 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour                                                                     
2 teaspoons baking soda                                                                     
1/2 teaspoon salt                                                                     
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon                                                                     
3 cups coarsely chopped peeled baking apples (3 medium)                                            
1 cup chopped walnuts                                                                     

Frosting
1/2 cup butter (do not use margarine)
3 1/4 cups powdered sugar
Teaspoon vanilla
1 to 3 tablespoons milk

The flavors were delicious, fluffy and anything with a fresh apples and cinnamon is Outstanding! I liked this cake. Not sure if I will make it again, but I defiantly enjoy trying knew ones. Hope you like it as much as I did. I made this for a special someone and didn't tell them until afterwards that it was from scratch. I have a lot of time on my hands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

Planning a Birthday Party

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS