Empire Cake





















Yesterday I got off the subway with no agenda. Sometimes this makes more sense than having one. I was on 16th and 9th exit off the blue line (A,C, E) at 14th Street, on the West Side. I ventured off down 9th, where I found  Empire Cake. I walked into the store with a delightful welcome. I was then eyeing the cupcakes, but I like my cupcakes, beefy, fat, and tasty (I'm sure they were tasty, but I like bigger ones).

I started to think and realize I saw this place in an article about their Twinkies, homemade Twix, and tasty food. Empire recreates their own versions!! They were adorable treats. Reasonable prices too.

I started to think for a moment that would exciting if you got something you normally don't eat. Therefore I got the red velvet small loaf cake like Twinkie (their version), dipper in white chocolate, but stuff with cream cheese. I started at the box all night before ripping it open and having a little piece. It was dense, tasty, moist, cream cheese was a great combination, but I could do without the white chocolate. I am glad I tried something new. It was only 3.25 a small loaf cake like item. Steal!!

The store was bright white, clean, organized, and the staff was friendly, but most of all VERY helpful for "new customers". Overall great service and experience and I found a new spot!!! I want to try the Twix or ding dong next time around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

Planning a Birthday Party

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS