Obsession for cupcakes (Happy Belated to ME)

June was my birthday month (6/18/1983) and I turned 32 years old. Time flies when your eating food and talking about it, literally.

Magnifico - South River, NJ

A lot of people say "OMG Daisha, why do you celebrate your birthday all month"? The truth is I love to go to ALL the spots I love and in order for my to not get a little "over weight" I have to spread out eating all these tasty indulgences but also appreciate why I love them.

The fact about the whole thing is I love food, cookies, treats, and of coarse CUPCAKES. Which brings me to the ONLY reason why I'm posting today. I love cupcakes and I can't take them out of my life. I found a few GREAT spots I would love to share with you.

Again, having them in lump sums doesn't make any sense, although ensuring my cupcake fix is handled appropriately does.

Sugar Sweet Sunshine is one of my TOP cupcake choices. It's lite and fluffy, not to dense or thick. It's almost LIKE a cupcake you just baked at home (about that size). The frosting not to thick, and the decorations look like my nephew helped. This cupcake shop gets me going. I can't get enough of it that I wanted to work here on Sundays (they were hiring). Then I thought about it, I like coming here and then leaving. A glass of milk or coffee is perfect to compliment this little tasty devil.


Sugar Sweet Sunshine
Other things to try here; The cake in a cup ($5) and great for sharing. It's all the extra cake pieces leftover piled into a plastic cup and then frosted added throughout. I haven't come to try this yet, but honestly what else would you do wrong with then ordering this JUST one time.

Lastly you need to get the banana pudding its seriously insane. I don't like banana pudding, cream, nothing, but I heard it was good on YELP X 100 so why not try it. Of coarse I got a cupcake JUST for some crazy reason all 100 people were WRONG.... I sunk one spoon full of my "pudding" shot ($3.00 - little and perfecting "trying" size) and this was the most flavorful, moist, banana chucks, mixed to perfection pudding. It was honestly really delicious. Please try this.


Cupcakes by Carousel
My second option on the When I first laid eyes on this cupcake I was like hummmm its blue, then I bit into it. Blue velvet cupcake, and then I said holy crap this is delicious and ever since I always go to the blue if I can. So I thought I would look into this a little more. Of coarse this is a cupcake spot that Oprah Whitfey talked about on her show, of coarse they are ALWAYS sold out of blue and red velvet. Its a huge thing now. Small little spot down in Jersey and HUGE....

We have these options to get them through our deli, but its expensive for them to order and sometimes they don't sell out fast enough. I'm ok with FRESH cupcakes, but after a few days it doesn't work for me. I really enjoy eating these cupcakes. The oreo and smores one is really fun, creative, and tasty. The frosting on these big (a pretty good size) bad boys are a little thick. Now let me tell you the appropriate way to consume this blue cupcake (or any cupcakes that MIGHT work).

Separate the "muffin top" from the bottom (keep the paper on) then turn the top upside down. It will look a little something like this....smash it together lightly and then take the paper off, now this is a perfect cupcake snack.




Carousel Cupcakes


 
Now this is what I'm taking about. It isn't that messy and it's perfect cake/frosting combo. I showed my friends this trick and EVERYONE is on board. Check it out.







Sweet Bakery -  Boston, MA
 
I love me some cupcakes. In fact I might need to get me one today. I think the first step is to admit you have the addiction, and I already have. I'm just being honest.
 
Cupcakes + ME = Happy Daisha (see below)..... 
 
 
Sprinkles / Cupcake ATM  - 780 Lexington Ave New York, NY 10065
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

Planning a Birthday Party

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS