TOMS IN-STORE EVENTS (AUGUST EVENTS ATTACHED)

I ordered a pair of shoes and signed up to receive "emails for promotions and deals". My birthday month, June I received an email from Tom Shoes "In-Store Events".

These in store events ranged from beauty, giving back, food/beverage, arts and crafts, wine tastings, and a variety of after-work functions. It was really cool that they started doing this. I was pleased to see the variety of options and functions they had going, especially since they do them "IN THE STORE". Many of the events cater to all different age groups and don't worry you don't have to "secretly" buy anything its just to primarily offer more "THINGS" for people to do in the city. The location is close to transportation: Bleecker Street (6 train/ Local, OR B, F, M trains)..

I highly recommend you sign up for being in the "know". I can't wait to see what August has to offer.

This month I'm able to attend two; Free Ice Coffee (July 7th) & Movie Screening, Grease (July 30th). 

The free ice coffee was pretty nice and in fact it was a very hot day, so very ideal. I approached the building and they had this fancy sign outside for OTHERS to get a free coffee (I'm surprised it wasn't jam packed).

 
Then again people always think there is a catch. I walked right in and was greeted with kindness. The two (women and male) servers were fantastic. Sometimes I walk into a coffee shop and they hate their job and don't want to serve. I think they really enjoy when someone has a million options for their drink choice, even to think what they do when someone's drink gets messed up. HA! (that's clearly another store) and NOT the case here. I was greeted with wide open arms...

Sometimes I get weird about getting free things, but MOST times I always buy something in addition.....I was one lucky duck walking in because they had DOUGH donuts (they are known for their passion fruit donut CrĆØme Brule, and pistachio and many more). I ordered one passion fruit to go. I then asked about the coffee. The women server mentioned when drinking cold coffee (I don't normally drink it). I added a little milk and simple syrup and it was perfect. This was a very refreshing and relaxing. The donut was tasty too. I can't wait to try more options. Their server stated the flavors come out more when drinking the cold coffee. I could taste the citrus taste she was speaking of. Overall great day.

I can't wait to attend the next event. They are offering yoga on July 25th, but I wasn't sure if I will be out of town. I think this is going to be a HUGE hit. Especially at 8:30am at the store. If you want to sign up send an email ASAP..... RSVPNYC@toms.com



I'm new to NYC and love to explore and go to events. I tend to use a variety of different websites, YELP, events in NYC, Brooklyn bridge emails, parks and recreations and more. If your someone like me then I suggests you get on board and enjoy.


Starting of the month of August in Style.

 


 

Today I attend the craft night at TOMS NYC offices! We started off by hanging out engaging with each other talking about the upcoming events and different events they have coming in the future.
 
Rebecca, took lead of the craft and showed us one that she did. We all kind of sat there for a moment in thought before we dug in about what "to do". We were making pendants, some started to just cut, glue, and work on theirs separately. They are flag like hanging objects similar to "college" like dorm room flags or college flags you see the gym of the school, with their school colors (Pinterest) has a lot of options. Really fun and a great way to be creative! Towards the end was crunch time, the store was closing and everyone was trying to make the finishing touches.  Everyone started putting their heads together to help each other out and encourage one another about each piece.
I decided to stick with two favorite things. Aztec print and the word love!
 
It was actually really cool what I made but I also felt like I could've done a "simple" piece. Overall we all had fun. I meet some cool people, learned more about the organization of TOMS.
Today, I learned that if you buy a pound of TOMS coffee they donate water. The company trains people in the area how to treat the water for people in the surrounding area to build more jobs and clean water. 
It's pretty cool what TOMS does, its not ONLY shoes, and I support a lot of what they do. In fact I enjoy coming to the events knowing they are BIG supports and have BIG hearts like me. It's free and it's a way to socialize in a different way. Overall I'm a fan. 

Went to another fun TOMS event in September. I brought a few friends of mine and it was actually a HUGE turn out. We were the first three to sign in so we got free swag, who doesn't love free swage. A mole skin wine planner. Holy Mole how did you know I was a wino.

We had three different wine and I was actually a fan of the "table wine"! The rose was ok and the other one was decently great. I normally am not a fan of international wine, so I'm glad I'm opening up my palette. After we got some snacks, we went to the back sad down, conversed about our weeks, enjoy some wine, meet a few new people, got some business cards, and then were off to a local bar to meet up with some other friends.
 
 
              
 
interested in attending one of these fun events??.
Sign up for emails at http://www.toms.com/toms-stores
if you like any of these events coming up, just send an email:

Where I will be next with TOMS......

 

 


 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

   






  


   

    

 

 
 
 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

Planning a Birthday Party

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS