Events in the City (NYC)....

I really love NYC for these very reasons. This summer there was sooo much going on. I TRY my hardest to attend more events as long as I have the funds and its easier when they are FREE. these sites will allow you to get your public, concerts, food events.

I love going to BIG events, because people from around the WORLD come to hang out. I love meeting people from around the world in fact this is the best way to learn culture and just about LIFE.

I have a few websites that I believe you MIGHT want to sign up or just look at from time to time. I'm always learning about new places to go and I'm a person who doesn't like to learned that I missed something cool. These sites are what the tourists don't know... events, concerts, great brunches, and viewings and more.

Pulsd
brunches, events, promotions in NYC, who to meet in NYC and where, national __"WHAT"_ day?

DONT even think this is cliché, but I like this website because it keeps me in the loop of things that ALL NYC residents should know. (fashion week, Broadway Show sales and promos, and more)
NYCgo

Brooklyn Bridge Park
So much is going on in Brooklyn Bridge that I can't even begin to tell you. So SIGN UP for their monthly/weekly/or when something COOL is happening on the waterfront emails. I love getting these emails and on down time check it out.(Yoga, Zumba, Pilates, festivals, touch art and more for the family/kids)...

South Street Seaport
Now this is a new one that is RIGHT in the area after work. I can just pop in and out. I love south street seaport and this last weekend I was with a friend who she told me what south street seaport use to be about and the culture, the friends atmosphere, it is different but in a whole knew way. I told her to check it out, which I will follow up with her shortly. I love learning about the locations before Sandy even if sometimes they are sad. Well in a nutshell check it out.

Dine Around Downtown
 
I knew this was coming up this week, but wasn't sure if I would be able to sneak away, but I forgot cash. ALL the vendors ONLY took cash. I had to run into the DR and get some cash, because I was gaming on falling in love with something and eating it.

Well I don't know about you, but I love the idea of doing something different for lunch ( I normally ALWAYS work out at lunch). I liked the variety of everything, but wayyy to many mac and cheese to choose from. I ordered from Wei West and I was VERY much a happy camper. I loved the sesame chicken and fried rice (ON POINT!!!!.....(I will order from them again). I know a lot of places around me, but when I find a good Asian spot I stick with it. I can't wait to use my dine in coupon (20% off)... This was a great gift they gave us. Everyone was helpful at all the locations, but especially this spot. It was a long wait, but totally worth it.

The wind was kicking up pretty hard and things were flying, but they did say RAIN or SHINE. they were NOT kidding. There was over 40 venues out here doing their thing. I really appreciated everyone still making an effort to come out and feed downtown. When are we doing this again? maybe it should be every three months, I would love to help organize these type of events. Its really down my alley. The burgers were calling my name this day, but I said "Daisha you always have burgers". That Asian food hit the spot. I also tried a bite of my friends "lobster mac". YUMMMY

SIDE NOTE: just ask if they have combo plates, assuming they probably do.

 
MY 1st YELP event

We approached the check in line, got our 21+ wrist bands, props to take our picture, and then immediately had to go to the "receive your passport line". I was all about photos, checking in, and really making sure I didn't forgot anything from being to end. I have to think like a yelp, and it wasn't about the free food and beer. I mean of coarse that was the BEST part, but I have weight to carry. I know this year I did a lot of work, but I still NEED to hold the weight, especially since this was my FIRST YELP event.....



One sad part: Everything was sooo rushed after getting our photo taken, we didn't even get it, remember we took it, and didn't know they printed it out for us (next time). We walked to our first location; Oak and Fire and boy were we in for the best service, food, and atmosphere all night. Then we went to Komegashi, where the service, the food, and then atmosphere wasn't my favorite. THEN we had Dorrian's which was a cool Irish pub who had a great flare and atmosphere that will bring me back. We then headed down towards the docks, boats, lite house, and just an overall romantic, great to unwind after the moving and grooving, and got to hang out and meet the other yelp people. This spot just opened their doors in Jersey City called Battello. Someone from our group was a little negative because she said a lot has changed, but honestly I like change. I'm sure other people wanted the change. I really liked the event and enjoyed everything about it. Even know it was raining (well misting) I was kind of happy we were by the pier/Hudson. It really set the tone for the evening. We did have to prepare ourselves before leaving to make sure we knew where we were going, because there was NO way I was pulling out a map in that rain and wind (see image below). I looked like a tourist, but NOPE I was just "Yelping"... Happy Yelper right here :) I can't wait for the next one. I think I like these type of events vs seating down and eating in a large group, but I will attend one of those.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

Planning a Birthday Party

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS