Rumba Cubana Restaurant

I moved to N. Bergen about a year ago, and this week I'm finally going to Rumba (I live five blocks walking). This is a place where everyone comes on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I see people getting all dolled up to hit this spot. The parking garage is always full and people are always waiting. It kind of reminds me of the red lobster line in Manhattan. I stopped in to this spot on Sunday right before my game was suppose to start and I was hoping (more like praying) they have it.

I was always worried about everyone being dressed up. Then again anyone who knows me, knows that I am NOT shy, but I am kind of at first.
 
Well about 3 months ago they opened up a lounge above. Great bar seating, table and side seating too. It has a family, friend, and great for group atmosphere. They have great drink choices, with a lot of people ordering food. I see people getting the appetizer and sharing it, but the dining area is LIVE. They play music up in the lounge that really sets the mood and tone of things. People were dancing, laughing, and having a really good time.

I had a blue moon with orange juice, which was served weird. I do love my cups cold, but it was a mason jar and then they gave me the orange juice in a little cup, I dropped it everywhere with the little cup and then cold mason cup it was crazy. I definitely was sad, but I was a little disappointed in the idea of how it was served. I was the one who poured everything into the mason jar. I really honestly didn’t trust myself and BOMB there it was half the cup all over the bar. I JUST knew it, but they couldn’t hear me telling them I had a spill, because the music was a little loud.

They have three huge screens to watch the game which was really nice. They weren’t able to play my game, because they don’t have Direct TV, which I didn’t know the whole time, they were sooo kind. The manager got involved because he is really into football. A few mins later the appetizer came out and I was only thinking about food, but was watching “red zone” to get the highlights about my team. I was super excited to find out that my team won in the end.

I got the Rumberito, which is a variety of fried tasty treats; deep fried corn fritters, ham croquettes, empanadas, tamales, fried pork skins, stuffed potatoes (potatoes with beef and veggies). I have a spot I generally compare this food to and it was pretty good. Overall it was tasty, I would’ve liked a dipping sauce with it to help bring the flavors together. I would love to come back and try the fish and steak dishes. Overall the experience, the food, drinks, and the people all came together to make it a great place to hang out…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

Planning a Birthday Party

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS