Long Beach, NYC

I have been here before with my cousin, but the experience was much different. I honestly didn't feel like I was even in NYC when we arrive at 11:00am on a Saturday Fourth of July. We drove in the city where people were walking around in no flip flops, the streets were clean, the people were friendly, and you could pet anyone's dogs walking down the street. It was a very welcoming neighborhood all the way through. We arrived to Lori's place on Ohio Street (I'm not telling you her exact address or even street). She lived in an area, where all the neighbors knew of each other, the people would engage in conversations, and 90% of the time everyone was outside hanging out. Most people had porches in the front of their houses and you would hang out there.

I loved how walking/driving down the street each house had its uniqueness. People had signs in, on, and around their homes. I love the BIG stars that people have on their homes. I love the porch furniture. Some houses were just amazing. Pools and back yards wrapped around grass, rocks, and everything reminded me of Seattle. I miss it more than I ever though.

When we drove in we stopped at this local spot call! Bagels, sandwiches, salads, snacks, and drinks. It was a local spot for Italian ice creams! Those are huge out here in NYC! I mean really a thing! My friend Amanda loved the cherry one and always had to get one when I was craving ice cream! She would love this spot! Lines for days it seems but it move quick! People coming front he beach, coming from their cars, or like us coming from NJ!

I want to shout of to this fo it spot which you need to attend in the am to get all the tasty ones! In not a big eat a donuts, sit in the sun, and then drink, but I was down! We walked to get some tasty donuts and shared all the options! Delicious fun and creative donuts! If your in the area check them out.

Lastly we went to this BBQ spot off the strip and Woahhh! It was finger licking good! Ahhh I want som now! My mouth is altering the brisket was unbelievable and was seriously out of  this world good! The drinks write tasty too! I suggest making a pit stop (get it??) over to this BBQ spot...

I love it here and we came on other time in August 2015 after this trip and that time we had the BBQ! It was just as cool when we came for the fourth! In fact it was such a small town everyone knew your name! It was crazy how "big" small it was! People come and go but there are people who live eat and  breath this beach life so cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

Planning a Birthday Party

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS