Shakshouka - Cast Iron skillet technique are trending


I've been into cooking with my cast iron skillet. I have a recipe that I did last night that will knock you out of your morning or evening seat.

One thing you need to remember is over time when using it, it gets better, which I will say this is very true.

I got the Pioneer Women cast iron skillet about 6 months ago and every month I challenge myself to try something new and fun. Over the winter time I cooked a lot of roasts and searing the meat in the cast iron skillet before adding to the crockpot is a true NEED in life. It locks in the juices and your meat comes out super tender.

I was watching the testing kitchen and they previewed a steak being cooked and it had was the best juicy locked in juices and that nice crust on the edges, mind blowing what this little guy can do.


Then this recipe happened last night and I had to share it with you right away. Its so delicious and if this recipe is going to get me into blogging again so be it!

I had it for the first time at my cousins house and they made it for me on Christmas Eve.

I was a little concerned about the moving egg, but you can make it how ever YOU want it. So you might not cook it as long as me, which is fine.

Ingredients;

Italians style stewed peeled ( halves) canned
hand full of fresh Italian parsley
swirl or two of olive oil
2 tablespoon of yellow onions
1 tsp garlic (1-2 cloves)
2 yellow potatoes (thinly sliced)
1/4 to 1/2 cup of diced red peppers
3 eggs
Salt (pinch or 3) and Pepper (dash or three), more if needed
2 tablespoon of spaghetti sauce ( optional ) - I had some left over
2 tsp of smoked or hot sauce for flavor (optional )
1/4 cup of Italian blend cheese (semi hand full)

 Add Olive oil to the cast iron skillet, then onions and garlic for 2 -3 minutes, then add red peppers for 2 minutes, then add the sliced potatoes (you will remove them when they are cooked entirely). Cover the pot to lock in the moisture to cook the potatoes faster about 10 - 12 minutes. Remove the potatoes and then add the entire can of tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper; cover and cook for about 10 minutes. Throughout add hot sauce and spaghetti sauce and simmer covered for 5 to 7 more minutes, then add the cracked eggs, check on them to your liking, I covered the pot to cook the entire egg. Let simmer for about 7 - 10 mins then flip the egg if you want it to be fully cooked. Add the Italian blend cheese, leave some for when serving.

This dish is great for breakfast or dinner I had it last night and this morning. I have a tasty yummy loaf of bread that I got from a local store.Toasted it up and ate it, OH soooo good. I had added the potatoes under the tomatoes and it was OH sooo good!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day

Planning a Birthday Party

COUPONS, SHOPPING w/ COUPONS, and USING COUPONS